Saturday, May 17, 2014

I've officially completed my three week TESOL course in Hua Hin and all of the adventures along the way. We stayed in an apartment building called Baan San Pleum. It was super nice and the staff was incredibly friendly. Not to mention, living in Hua Hin was really nice. The scenery, the people, and the things we got to do were definitely top notch! I tried to get up and go running most mornings, but it got unbearably hot as soon as the sun was fully up. However, I managed to get some pics of Hua Hin during my morning runs!








This one was taken just outside of the King's Palace Grounds. We weren't allowed in there, but it was right next to where we were staying.

During orientation week, we went to the Buddhist temple down the road. The monk blessed bracelets for each of us and gave us all one. It was really pretty up there and very serene. After that, we got to go to the local pineapple farm and pick up some pineapples to take to the elephant sanctuary. It was really cool to see the elephants! We got to pet the baby elephant and feed him as well. We finished up orientation week with a bbq on the beach!
















Next, I spent two weeks making lesson plans and presenting them in front of the other students taking the course. It was a really good experience and I'm really glad I did it! Along with the course, we got to help with a local foundation that helps rescue stray dogs. There are so many strays in Thailand that don't have their shots and haven't been fixed. So, we went around and got to help feed and play with the dogs that have been helped. 


We went up to the Pala-U waterfall on a Saturday. It was a waterfall with a bunch of levels, so we climbed up to the highest one you can go to and got in the water. It was the first time any of us actually cooled off during our time here! There were hundreds of fish in the little pools, which was a little freaky. The little baby fish ate at our feet and we got fish pedicures. 









On the way back from the waterfall, we got to see wild elephants! Talk about intimidating! They were bigger than our transportation, which had an open back and open windows. One of the two elephants took the side view mirror off of the songtao and almost took the bumper off of the car in front of us. However, it was pretty cool to see wild elephants! 



Overall, my time in Hua Hin was really nice. I enjoyed everything there and it was so nice to be able to complete the TESOL course with such a great group of people. It was amazing how quickly we became friends and I'm sad to see them go. On the plus side, we had some really yummy food during our time there! Minus the chicken feet in my curry :)




In other news, I managed to capture some pictures of random modes of transportation!

This one is the ice cream truck that rides around town

I thought it was a rare occurrence to see a monk on a songtao! It's the public transport system.

I also managed to catch a picture of three people on one scooter. There have been sightings of four people on one scooter, but I haven't had a chance to catch a picture of one of those.

I am now getting settled into my new place in Mukdahan. I will start teaching tomorrow morning! Here's to hoping all goes well! 

3 comments:

  1. What a great three weeks! I love looking at all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went by so quickly! Glad that you've been reading it and enjoy the pictures! :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, a great blob post !! from Aunt Joni

    ReplyDelete